Thursday 1 December 2011

Chapter Sixteen

Acceptance

Bella Pov


I could hear a shrill ringing noise, but I couldn't seem to open my eyes. They felt sticky and heavy. I felt so comfortable. I just wanted to go back to sleep but the shrill ringing noise wouldn't stop.
Why hasn't Alice hut the alarm?
Finally the ringing stopped.
"Thanks Alice."
"Alice?" I heard the voice say. I opened my eyes to find Edward standing over me. I blinked a few times realizing I was in his bed. I couldn't remember getting here, I could only remember sitting on his couch. I could feel my cheeks getting redder as he continued to stare at me questioningly.
"I'm sorry," I told him. "I just um, well I thought that um, well I.." I trailed off unsure of how to finish. "It's ok," He laughed. "I um, do you want to have a shower first?" He asked.
I was surprised, it was unlike Edward to be nice, let alone offer me first go at his shower. It was then it dawned on me that I was in his bed. It didn't seem like Edward to give up his comfortable bed, not for me anyway. I smiled at him and nodded taking the towels he offered me and making my way to the bathroom. I washed quickly and brushed my teeth not wanting to take too long as Edward was waiting.
I made my way back to his room. It wasn't till he left the room that I realized I had no clothes to wear, Alice supplied my wardrobe. I sat there in the tiny towel unsure of what to do. I didn't want to disturb Alice and her friend but I didn't want to just sit about like this, it was getting cold.


Edward Pov

She thought I was Alice. She couldn't even remember that I was with her last night. That I held her as she cried. She had to remember that surely. I know I wasn't well ain't the most sensitive guy in the world, especially to her, but surely she didn't think it was just a dream.
I wrapped the towel waiting for me around my body. I couldn't stop picturing the vulnerable girl I had held in my arms the night before. I dried myself off and made my way back to my room dropping the towel as I closed the door. I turned to see Bella sitting on my bed wearing nothing but a towel, a towel that barely covered her. I watched her cheeks redden as she tried to peal her eyes off a certain part of my body that was beginning to stir as I took in her body.
"I-I-I-I sorry!" She stuttered turning to face the other way.
"Don't be, I'm beginning to get used to you blushing and you can look all you want, I should be sorry, I didn't expect you to still be in here."
"I-I-I've been we-e-ea-ring Alice's clothes, I d-d-don't have anything-g-g else to wear."
Fuck she was crying. I was standing here naked and she was crying. The irony was that she was crying because she had nothing to wear and I was the one standing fucking naked.
I grabbed the towel and wrapped it around my waist. I cradled her in my arms letting her sob. I wasn't fucking stupid, I knew it wasn't just because she had nothing to wear or her shyness of asking that she was upset about, that had just added to the emotions already bubbling inside of her. I lay there cradling her in my arms as the tears flowed from her eyes. She looked up at me her eyes gazing into mine. It was like she could see right through me. She looked so innocent, so fucking pure.
What the fuck am I supposed to say? What the fuck am I supposed to do? I should put some clothes on! What if someone walks in here and were sitting looking all indecent and shit. Well I suppose she has a fucking reason, but if I get dressed she's just going to feel worse. I should go get Alice, Alice will give her clothes to wear and we can get breakfast and go to school. So what she'll just stop crying because she has something to wear? You know that's not the fucking reason she's upset, that just set her off. She's not exactly happy! How do you make someone happy? Fuck sake Edward get a grip! As if you can make the girl fucking happy, all you've done is fuck up her life more!
She lay in my arms gazing into my eyes as I went through everything in my mind. I was beginning to wonder if I was fucking schizophrenic. I didn't know what the fuck I was supposed to do. I'd never been in this situation before. I fucked girls for pleasure, I didn't sit about for the emotional shit. I didn't do emotions, it just wasn't me.
I could practically feel the warmth of the blush emulating from her cheeks. I knew she was embarrassed. She was embarrassed for being half naked in front of me, for crying, for showing weakness. I had never seen this side of her, she always seemed so strong. I, I was the one who spend most of my time breaking the girl, but I suppose she was already broken, I was just rubbing salt in the wound that was already there. I felt fucking guilty, again. I tucked the one bit of hair that was forever falling into her eyes behind her ear. I could feel my dick stirring even more under the towel, and I wondered if she could feel it. If she thought it were improper, or was glad of the attention. I knew I would never get an answer because I would never dare ask, and she would never tell anyway. I doubt she even noticed, she was far too upset to notice my hormonal fucking instincts. Her towel had ridden up enough that I could see her thighs. I could feel her hot breath on my neck as she sobbed into my shoulder.
I looked deep into her chocolate brown eyes, and it was as if I could see her fucking soul. I tilted her chin up and I kissed her.

No comments:

Post a Comment