Thursday 1 December 2011

Chapter Twelve

Attention

Edward Pov

I was beginning to get nervous as I pulled up at school. I was getting nervous? That was something that never happened. I was Edward Cullen. The Edward Cullen. I could see bitches like Tanya and Jessica staring at Bella as she got out the car. I suddenly felt very protective of her.
I felt protective of HER.
She wasn't my responsibility, she was just some bitch who for the moment was living at my house. The day flew by quite fast, I seemed to be getting more attention since word got around about Bella staying at my house. I knew bitches though, they thought they had a fucking chance of staying there since little miss nobody was. They could think again. Sure they were good at what they did, but that was as far as it went.
I walked into the cafeteria flashing my trademark smile at Tanya. She was squirming at the sight of it. I knew that smile made her wet. Tanya was hot there was no denying it. She had strawberry blonde hair, which was nice if you liked that sort of thing. Personally I didn't, I was more into brunettes. She had the longest legs I had ever seen, and the things she could do with her mouth astounded me. Jessica was more petite than Tanya, she had brown hair, but to be honest it was dull, just like her personality. Jessica was a good fuck when I was bored, that's all she ever would be to anyone.
I saw Bella in front of me in the lunch cue, and I had to resist the urge to trip her up. I couldn't do that shit anymore not knowing what I know. I didn't even know what I knew, but I knew something, that was enough.
I watched as she glided across the room.
Bella was gliding?
She sat down at her table. She had sat at the same table every day since, well since forever. I watched as Mike went to sit beside her. It was pretty pathetic, he had never shown an interest in her before, not that I gave a shit.
"Growing on you is she?" I heard a voice ask as a long red talon landed on my cheek turning my face around. I gave Tanya a look.
"How about I grow in you?" I asked her flashing her the smile I knew would get me what I wanted. I let her lead me down the hall to the storage cupboard. That was all the leading she would do.

Bella Pov

I had spent the full day getting more attention than I ever had in my life. My whole life. I couldn't help but feel uncomfortable as Michael Newton sat across from me. I always sat alone.
"So what do you think?" He asked me. I had been so absorbed in feeling uncomfortable I hadn't been listening to a word he was saying.
"I'm sorry Mike, I, um, I didn't hear what you said there."
"I said, how about me and you, go out sometime." He pointed between the two of us as he said the words 'me and you' which in my opinion just seemed completely weird. I had never been asked out before though, so maybe that was how it was done, how it was supposed to be.
When I was a little girl I had always dreamed of prince charming. I had always wanted the fairytale and the happily ever after. I was so naive as a child, and Renee, well she encouraged it. My mother was erratic and hair-brained, but she had a huge heart. I could almost hear the words she would say to me."Bella, you are a princess in disguise, and we shall find you a prince." Being so young I had believed her. I had believed in a love so pure and true. I believed in horses with carriages and so many wonderful things. I had hoped that one day I would become someones wife, someones mother and that I could pass these fairytales on to my children the way my mother had passed them on to me. I had hoped for love, as I had believed that love was the most powerful thing in the world. When Charlie had started abusing me, I had even allowed myself to believe I could be like Cinderella, and that in time life would get better and prince charming would come knocking down my door. I was wrong. That wasn't reality. Mike Newton and Edward Cullen were reality. Prince charming was a figment of imagination. Whether it was my imagination or some other girl somewhere, he wasn't real, and he wasn't coming to knock down my door anytime soon. That, and that reason alone is why I found myself saying the words I never thought I would say.
"Yes Mike, that would be lovely." He looked stunned. I was beginning to wonder if he really wanted to take me out, or if it was some kind of joke, but he smiled and told me he'd pick me up on Friday.
It didn't take long to spread around the school about our 'date'. I was getting stared at more than usual and it was worrying me. I wasn't sure if Edward would know, but I figured it was highly likely. I was strangely wondering what he thought about it, if he cared, and if so why did he care? If he would like it, or if he wouldn't.
Why are you thinking about Edward's reaction? It's not as if you mean anything to him. It's not as if you want to mean anything to him. He's a jackass with a nice family! That's all he is. Isn't it? YES! Are you sure? YES!
God I was arguing with myself. Could I feel any more insane.
You're just confused. You're not used to the attention.
I repeated they words over and over in my head, but the more I repeated them the less they sounded true. I never was a good liar, even to myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment