Thursday 1 December 2011

Chapter Eight

Changes

Edward Pov

I slipped out the room quietly leaving Bella sleeping on my bed. She was mumbling shit in her sleep and I felt like I was invading her privacy. When I became so fucking considerate I don't know but apparently I was. I looked around for my father, I had heard him come in so he had to be around somewhere. I found him in the kitchen, reading the paper.
"Dad? Can we talk?" I asked him. He looked at me as if I'd suddenly grew fucking horns or something. I mean, I supposed I never did ask to talk, but still it wasn't that fucking shocking.
"It's about, it's about, um Bella." I said looking for his reaction. I hated the way he could always keep a straight fucking face.
"I think she might have been, um, well I think she could've been, I don't know for sure, but I think she's been, um, raped." I managed to get out. He still looked so fucking calm.
"Oh."
Oh? Fucking oh? What type of fucking response is oh.
"Why do you think that?" He asked me.
Why? He's seriously asking me fucking why?
"When I picked her up for school today, there was a man there I'd never seen before and she was shaking and shit, I mean dad she looked terrified. I've never seen anybody look that scared before, so I brought her here and she like broke down in tears and shit, fell asleep shouting help me and don't touch me."
"Language Edward!" He was seriously telling me about my language at a time like this.
A time like what? You. Don't. Fucking. Like. The. Girl.
I tip-toed back up the stairs to my bedroom leaving dad to talk to mum. I didn't know what the fuck they were going to talk about that needed me to leave the room, I'm the one that fucking told him what he's going to tell her, but I did it anyway.
Bella opened her eyes the second I walked in the room. It was like I was a fucking alarm clock or something.
"You OK?" I asked her. It was probably the dumbest fucking thing you could ask somebody in her situation, but it was all I had. She nodded and sat up.
"Movie?" I asked her. OK so I wasn't big on the whole talking and shit, but I figured she'd need something to take her mind off stuff. I looked about and found one of Alice's chick flicks. A walk to remember or some shit like that and stuck it in the DVD player. Just before I stuck it in my stomach growled. I realised that neither of us had had anything to eat.
"You want a sandwich or something?" I asked her. She gave me the same look as dad had earlier. I wasn't that fucking bad was I? OK so maybe, just maybe, making something to eat gave me an excuse to go down to the kitchen, and maybe, I would hear some of mum and dads conversation. That was just maybe though. I was out of luck though, there was no one near the kitchen, so I made two sandwiches and headed back upstairs.
I opened the door quietly in case Bella was sleeping. I was apparently now completely considerate. She was sitting up against the pillows looking all shy and shit.
She's not fucking cute. She's just another bitch.
I gave her a plate with her sandwich on it, and grabbed two cans of coke out of my mini fridge. She looked peaceful watching the movie. Well she looked peaceful until my dad came in.
"Isabella, can you come downstairs please?"

No comments:

Post a Comment