Thursday 1 December 2011

Chapter Eleven

New Start

Bella Pov

I was woke up with a loud buzzing sound. My eyes were sticky and they felt heavy, too heavy to open. I yawned loudly stretching my arms out and began to attempt opening my eyes. I could see pink, but that was wrong, my room was lilac. I shut my eyes again and opened them slowly. Pink.
Why has my room changed colour overnight?
I closed and opened my eyes once more just to check I was actually awake. When I opened my eyes there was a small pixie like girl standing over me.
Oh Alice! Edward's sister. I was staying here.
Once that had registered with me everything made sense. I couldn't believe how nice Edward's family were being. I mean they had opened their home to me. Me. I was nobody. I didn't deserve there hospitality.
"Up! Up! Up!" Alice screeched. I wasn't even aware that the pitch of someones voice could go that high. I glanced at the alarm clock beside the bed, 6am. I had never been up this early before. I wondered if Edward's parents had phoned James. I wondered if he knew where I was. I wondered what Charlie would do to me when he came home. I couldn't dwell on that though, I had to enjoy the time I had away, even if it meant enjoying being awake at 6am with a pixie jumping up and down in front of me.
I let Alice lead me from the bed into the bathroom. Thankfully she left me to shower alone but not without chapping the door every few minutes to tell me to hurry up. I wrapped the towel that was left out around me and made my way back to Alice's bedroom. I was aware the bruises I wore around my body were on full view but I didn't have anything to hide them with, and I hoped Alice wouldn't say anything. I was going to be in enough trouble staying here in the first place.
"Sit!" Alice instructed pointing to a chair. I obliged. I wasn't exactly going to object with them being so nice to me and everything. I had to admit though I was a little worried, it didn't seem right to be that cheerful in the morning.
"What do you think?" Alice asked me. She was beaming from ear to ear. I stood facing a full length mirror.
That's not me. It can't be me.
The girl looking back at me had straight chocolate brown hair. She had pale skin and dark chocolate brown eyes glowing behind long black eyelashes. She had the hint of a blush on her cheeks and her lips were shiny with gloss. She had tight black skinny jeans covering her legs and a long sleeved red and white striped top that came down to just above her knees. She wore flat black ankle boots and had red and white beads around her neck. If I didn't know any better I would say she was beautiful.
I felt my eyes well up with tears and blinked them back the best I could, even I knew mascara ran when you cried. I mirrored Alice's smile and thanked her.
"Lets show you off to the family." She said leading me downstairs. I was a little nervous. I'd never dressed up, I'd never had the resources to dress up. I mean sure I did it when I was a kid. Who didn't try on their mothers clothes? Who didn't paint their face with make-up? Since living with Charlie I had never really tried with my appearance.
"Well fuck me!" I heard Edward say as I walked into the room.
"I'm sure she'd rather not!" Alice responded for me.
"I didn't mean it like that and you know it, she just scrubs up pretty well for a bitch."
"SHE has a name, and SHE'S not a bitch!"

Edward Pov

I nearly choked when my father said that Bella could stay here. I had to admit I was taken aback. I thought he meant she was to stay in my room. Like that would fucking happen.
I wondered if Alice would tell her anything, or if she would ask anything about me. So I thought I'd do some sneaking about to find out. Alice being Alice though caught me in the act. It was like she just knew shit sometimes. I tried to play it off as if I was about to the chap the door but we both knew it was a lie. It was obvious I wasn't going to get any information out of Alice even before she slammed her door in my face.
I couldn't sleep that night. I lay awake tossing and turning but the same image remained in my head. Bella. I could hear her screaming for help still, trying to fight off the man in her dream. I wanted to help her. Wouldn't anyone?
I hit my alarm off at 7:30. I could hear Alice talking in her room, while I made my way to bathroom, and I knew she'd been up for a while. After my shower I threw on a pair of jeans, a t-shirt and my Y3 trainers. I smirked at myself in the mirror. I looked good. I always looked good. I wasn't the type of guy to spend hours picking clothes and gelling my hair. My hair did it's own thing and still looked fucking good.
I took the steps two at a time. Emmett was already in the kitchen tucking into waffles. I stuck some bread in the toaster.
"So who's the girl?" He asked me.
"She's just some bitch I've to do a project with, Shits been going down at her house or something and you know dad, trying to save the world one reject at a time and all that crap."
I wasn't exactly lying, I didn't know all the facts. I did feel sorry for her, but that's all it was. Pity.
Speak of the fucking devil.
I Hoped she hadn't heard what I said, I didn't like the girl but I wasn't that fucking insensitive that I would make her feel like a charity case. She was going to get enough shit as school if word got out that she was staying here for a few days. The bitches I fucked didn't even get that privilege.
"Well fuck me!"
I didn't even realize I had said that shit aloud till Alice started her fucking comments. I was dreading taking her to school today. The girls would eat her alive and the guys, well guys will be guys as they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment