Thursday 1 December 2011

Chapter Three

The Beginning

Bringgg! Bringgg!

I jumped the second my alarm registered with my ears. I instantly regretted it. I could feel the bruises along my rib cage, I could feel the stiffness of my bones. I was in agony. I had told Charlie about the project the night before, as I had expected, he didn't take it well. I had made his favourite dinner, I had made sure everything was spotless, putting in extra effort in everything I did. I thought that may have sweetened him up at least a little. I approached it in a careful way, making sure he knew I had no choice in the matter . It didn't matter though. It was my fault. Everything was my fault.
I lay there curled up in a ball for a little while, before forcing myself to get up and have a shower. The hot water felt good against my rigid bones. I quickly got dressed, well as quick as I could with my new injuries, and I made myself some toast before heading to school.
"You are one lucky bitch." I heard as I was shutting the door of the truck. "You get to come home with me tonight." I resisted the urge to snort. Lucky. If only. I watched as Edward walked away, his face full of mischief. I would be lying if I didn't say I was scared. Scared was an understatement. I was terrified. I'd never been to Edward Cullen's home. The only family member I had met of his was his father, Doctor Cullen. The only reason I had met him was how often I was in and out of the hospital because of how 'clumsy' I am.
Mum, if you're out there. Help me, please help me. I don't know if I can get through this by myself.
The day went by in a blur. I could feel the stares of Edward's many admirers on me all day. I know every girl wanted to work on the project with him, every girl except me. They were welcome to work with him.
"Follow my car, if you can keep up, sweetheart." Edward said as he walked past. He winked at me before digging his elbow in my ribs and getting in his car. I felt a sharp pain shoot through me and had to stop myself from crying out. I'd managed to compose myself in school. I got stared at and comments were made, the only physical abuse I received was from Edward, well at school anyways, but I managed to keep a straight face. I didn't say anything. I took it. Some people may call me a coward, but I figured it was easy to say nothing, to give no reaction. Maybe I was a coward, but it was easier for things to be predictable than face the unknowing.
I had to speed a little to catch up with Edward. I was tempted to just drive home and forget all about the project, but facing Charlie seemed to be the worst of two bad choices. After a while I pulled up in front the most gorgeous house I had ever seen. It was more like a mansion than a house. It was huge and open and light. I stood staring at every bit of wood, every detail, the gorgeous pink roses in the bushes, everything.
"Shut your mouth unless your going to do something useful with it." I hadn't even realised I had my mouth open, I closed it quickly and followed him inside. If I thought the outside was beautiful, it was nothing compared to the interior. It was glorious, there weren't enough words to describe the beauty. I almost forgot I was here with Edward. Almost.
"You must be Isabella, welcome to our home." I heard a voice ring out. I looked at what had to be Edwards mother, she was beautiful, like an angel.
"Bella," I corrected her. " Thank you Mrs Cullen, I promise we wont make a mess." The angel like women smiled at me before telling me to call her Esme. Esme seemed to be the opposite of her son, she seemed just as beautiful on the inside as the outside.
"Kitchen." I heard Edward say as he pointed to the next room. There were no words to describe the kitchen. It must have been bigger than my whole house. It was spacious and homely and just as a kitchen should be. I took the cookbook I had brought from my bag and started flipping through it. I could feel Edward reading over my shoulder, I could feel him close behind where I had sat down and it scared me. Deep down I knew he couldn't really harm me, not here with his mother home, but it still scared me how close he was, and I felt vulnerable being somewhere unknown to me.
"What are we cooking?" I felt his hot breath in my ear. I jumped. He just laughed and walked over to the fridge. I watched him take out a can of coke and open it up. There was no denying how gorgeous he was, but he was still an asshole. I decided to start with dessert. I went through recipe after recipe before deciding on making a banana caramel pie. I made a list of the ingredients we would need and told Edward what we would be making.
"So, you like pie then bitch." Edward said raising his eyebrows. He said it as a statement rather than a question. I could feel the heat coming from my cheeks before he finished his sentence. I looked down to hide the blush which only made him laugh. "No, I'm just not interested in you." I said. I was shaking as a said it, I didn't know why I felt the sudden need to stick up for myself, butI did.
"Whatever, we both know you want me, as if I would consider touching scum like you." I felt sick. I didn't know how I was going to cope for three weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment