Thursday 1 December 2011

Chapter Five

Messed Up


Edwards Pov

I watched the bitch climb into her piece of shit from the window. I was glad to be rid of her, I could have been fucking Tanya or any of the other sluts at Forks high, and instead I was shopping for ingredients to make a fucking pie. I could hear my dad whispering in the other room, it wasn't like him to whisper. I edged myself closer to the door to listen. I was good at listening in on conversations; I'd heard a lot of juicy shit that way.
"I know he hits her, I just can't prove it, the girl seems so fragile. I don't think she would testify against him." I heard my father's voice ring out. For a brief minute I thought he was talking about me. When I saw the bitch's arms earlier I was shocked, I didn't think I had done that much.
"He's her father Carlisle and the chief of police, surely he wouldn't harm his own daughter, it must be someone else, she said herself that she's clumsy." My mother responded. So the chief beats his daughter up, I did feel a little sorry for her, but she probably deserved it. She never spoke to anybody, did her work earlier than it was due and she was just too goddamn good. She irritated the shit out of me. "Who else could it be? He looks at her like she's nothing Esme, and that's when he bothers to show up at the hospital at all. It's obvious she's terrified of him, she can't even make eye contact with him."
I sneaked up the stairs not needing to hear anymore. I wasn't completely heartless; I did feel bad if what my dad says was true. Even though I hit her, it was different; he was her flesh and blood. That was a bit sad. I thought back to the supermarket. I had never saw the bitch cry before, even when I tripped her up or dug my elbow to her rib, I hadn't even saw one tear. Then just because she didn't have enough money, the tears were rolling free. She had looked so fucking sad just standing there, I'd never saw her like that before, she walked through school with her head held high as if she was fucking better than anybody else.
"Edward?" My dad called while banging on my door. I pressed the stop button on my cd player that I had turned on when I had entered my room. I mumbled for him to enter and lay back down on my bed. "It's not safe for Isabella to drive home herself at this time at night, I want you to pick her up and take her to school tomorrow, that way you can take her home tomorrow night." He spoke with that don't mess with me tone. I couldn't be bothered arguing with him anyway. I just nodded.
I left the house earlier than normal the next morning. I figured since the bitch was a goddamn goody too shoes she left the house a lot earlier than a normal person would. Her truck was still there which I took it meant she was too. There was also a police cruiser in the drive way, which I took meant chief Swan was home. I saw the bitch look out the window at the cruiser. She came limping out the door looking absolutely petrified as if the cruiser was going to suddenly drive into her. She stopped limping when she spotted me, but I could see the agony on her face. She made no move towards the car, she was standing with the same expression she had had in the supermarket. She kept looking at me and back at her front door, she looked terrified and I didn't want the bitch to start crying again.
"Get in." I said simply. She slipped in the passenger side without saying a word. It seemed cruel taking her to school in the state she was in. I knew she'd never 'dog' it she seemed far too good for that. I suddenly had an idea. I sped the whole way back to my house. She looked frightened but didn't question what I was doing.
Who the fuck just gets in a fucking car without questioning where the fuck they're going?
I put my hand on her shoulder trying to be reassuring and shit; she looked like she was going to have a fucking breakdown. She flinched back. I could see the fear in her eyes, she thought I'd hurt her, she fucking thought I'd hurt her. I'd only ever given her a few kicks or a dig with the elbow, I wasn't fucking brutal or anything. "Come on." I said getting out the Volvo and walking towards the house. She followed me without uttering a word; jumping when the Volvo beeped to let me know it was locked.
I explained to Esme in private why I didn't want to take her to school, Esme agreed I had done the right thing and told me she'd phone the school and tell them we were practising our cooking. When I entered the kitchen the bitch fucking jumped again, it was irritating me already. I watched as she prepared all the ingredients to make a pie; a fucking pie. I explained to her why we were here and she seemed happy enough after I explained the school was all right with it.
She started measuring shit. "Measure out a quarter of a cup of flour and a full cup of brown sugar, while I chop these bananas." She told me. I stared at her back, as she had already turned around, with my mouth hanging open.
She just told me what to fucking do.
I picked up the flour and the cup sitting next to it and poured some in, most of it seemed to land more on the counter and the floor than in the fucking cup. "Shit." I muttered. She jumped and turned round, smirking at me; fucking smirking at me. Nobody smirked at Edward Cullen. I picked up the cup with what little flour was in it and threw the flour over her head. She looked shocked and just stood there staring at me before throwing a piece of banana at me.
"What are you two doing to my kitchen?" I heard my mum ask sounding amused. I smiled sheepishly, while Bella blushed the brightest shade of red I'd ever seen. It was then I saw how ridiculous she looked. How ridiculous we looked. I couldn't help but laugh. I could hear Bella laugh as well, it was something I realised I had never heard. Not once.
After we cleaned up, well she cleaned up and I got in the way, we made a pretty fucking tasty pie. I had pie anytime I wanted it, but nothing tasted better than this fucker.
I drove Bella home while it was getting late, she was quiet on the ride to her house, but it wasn't the tense awkward way that it was before, she didn't seem so scared. I pulled up behind her truck and walked around to the passenger side opening the door for her. I saw her stiffening up and her expression changed from calm to fucking petrified again.
Why do you even fucking care, you don't even like the bitch. Bella? You're calling her fucking Bella, she's just a bitch, why are you being nice to her? Pity, you pity her, that's all it is.
"I'll pick you up tomorrow." I told her. She nodded and walked into her house with her head down. I shook my head getting in the Volvo and speeding away.



No comments:

Post a Comment