Thursday 1 December 2011

Chapter Ten

Sharing

Alice Pov

I was curious about Isabella Swan. Edward seemed to have a strong dislike to her. My father, on the other hand, seemed to really care for the girl. I, myself, had yet to really meet her. I sat with her at dinner once, but with Emmett gulping down pizza beside me it was hard to really concentrate on anything. I had been warned to stay away from her, as Edward had put it, she was a stuck up 'bitch'. I wanted to ignore him, it wasn't like I listened to anything else he had to say, but I never had the chance to talk to her. She was always with Edward when she was here, and I wasn't going to track her down just to speak to her.
I wasn't stupid, I knew something was going on. Dad was acting different, mum was following dad's lead, and Edward, well Edward seemed to actually give a crap about something other than himself. That just didn't happen.
I wasn't surprised when dad came to me. I wasn't entirely sure what was going on. I had my own theories but I wanted to know the truth. I knew I wasn't going to be told anytime soon, and I didn't see the point in snooping around like Edward would, I'd find out in time.
I had shown Isabella to my room, or 'our' room as it happened to be for the next few days. She did't seem entirely miserable about staying with us, but she didn't seem entirely happy either. I would just have to change that. I examined the girl closely. She was beautiful there was no denying it. I couldn't tell why Edward hadn't noticed. Edward tried to bed any girl as long as she was breathing, hell she didn't even need to be conscious, just breathing.
What's so different about this girl?
I was brought out of my thoughts by Isabella returning from the bathroom. She was wearing one of my silk night gowns and looked pretty damn sexy. She looked extremely shy, and I could see an enormous amount of bruising on her revealed skin, but I didn't mention this to her. She looked self conscious enough and I had gathered enough information to know that she had took a beating or two, I just didn't know the extent of it.
I gave her what I thought to be a re-assuring smile. She returned it half heartedly but at least it was an attempt.
I certainly have my hands full.
"If you don't want to share a bed, I can set up the couch for you." I told her, pointing to the long couch I had in my room. "I don't mind sharing, if you don't mind." She responded. It was the response I expected, she seemed to be the type to try and please everybody but herself. Her response was robotic and I could hear the exhaustion in her voice. It must have been a hard day for her. As much as I wanted to talk, I wasn't completely insensitive.
"You don't go to our school." It was more of a statement than a question, but I answered anyway. "No, I, um, I go to an all girls school." I told her. I didn't really want to get into the reasons and luckily I didn't have to. She was fast asleep. I smiled. She looked so innocent and carefree when she was sleeping.
I heard the floorboards creak outside my room. I pulled the door open fast and Edward fell to the floor.
"Well hello big brother, spying are we?" I asked him. He jumped up off the floor and rattled off excuses about being about to chap the door.
"Can I help you?" I asked him. I hoped he would get to the point soon, I was starting to feel tired myself.
"How is she doing? I mean shit, she's had a hard day."
"As if you care. As if you care about anything but your self absorbed self." I spat at him before slamming the door in his face.
I checked to make sure we hadn't disturbed Bella and climbed into bed beside her clicking off the lamp and shutting my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment