Thursday 1 December 2011

Chapter Fourteen

Accidents Happen

Edward Pov

I looked out the big bay windows we had in school. I had just heard that Bella had accepted Mike's offer for a date. Mike Newton. I was a dick and even I was better than Newton. I liked to think I was anyway. Newton was soft. If he didn't have short hair and the faint sign of muscles I could believe he was a girl. In fact I probably would believe it if I was told it by a reliable source. I guessed that must be Bella's type. He was the type of guy that made her heart beat faster. The type to make her pulse race. He was her prince charming.
Why do you care? Jealous? NO!
I was brought out of my thoughts with a shrill ringing noise. I removed my phone from my pocket checking the caller id. Alice. Alice never called me.
"Speak!" I said just to annoy her.
"Edward! Edward help! My friend she's collapsed. I can't get a hold of dad, his phones switched off, there's no one around Edward, what do I do? Will I slap her? But what if that doesn't work? Will I throw water over her? That would just make her mascara run and probably wouldn't work. Edward what do I do?"
"Calm down Alice!"
I ran out to the car park hopping in the Volvo. It wasn't till I put they keys in the ignition I realized I'd forgotten Bella. I knew she'd have no way home without me. I weighed up my options quickly deciding to run back in and get her. It was shit just to leave her here without a ride. It wasn't till I got into the building I realized I didn't have a clue where she would be. I had never needed to know before. I got half way down the corridor and my instincts told me to check the library. I turned around taking the stairs two at a time. I peeked through the glass in the door not wanting to enter the fucking library if she wasn't in there. I had a reputation and shit to maintain.
I saw her sitting at a table by the window. The little sun that was actually attempting to brighten up Forks that day was shining on her and her alone. It was like she was an angel glowing. All thoughts of Alice left my mind. I was mesmerized. Her longish brown hair had fell into her eyes, I watched as she absentmindedly tucked it behind her ears. I watched her gorgeous chocolate brown eyes light up as she turned the page of the book she was reading. She looked so peaceful and I was going to disturb that peace.
"Bella!" I started as I pushed open the door of the library.
I could feel the librarian staring at me but I didn't really give a fuck.
Go say something bitch! I fucking dare you!
Bella jumped obviously startled that I had came into the library shouting her name. I explained to her as quick as I could what was going on and she followed me to the car. I had to catch her about five times on the way as she kept fucking falling and shit. It was like she couldn't walk without tripping over her own fucking feet.
I started the car and sped to the hospital. I didn't even bother being polite to the receptionists as I raced past dragging Bella with me.
"Dad!" I called as I saw him about to enter the lift. I couldn't be fucked chasing him around the hospital. Luckily he heard me and turned around. He looked surprised which was a weird reaction on him, Carlisle was never surprised. I explained to him what was going on and he rushed away telling us to go home.
When there was no sign of him or Alice at 6pm I started to worry. Alice was sensitive about shit and I was worried about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment